Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Where is the music?




I wander away from the hustle bustle of city life, not because I am the quiet type or that I like to be a villager. Technology, modernisation has made life more comfortable and pleasurable and I really do cherish that experience. I do like my life. I listen to trance and I like to party once in a while. I enjoy my fast paced life, hurrying my way to work and bumping into people who are in a hurry too.

But what about the music? Where is the music that I wish to hear? In crowds? In clashing of steel? In honking of cars? In noise?
Where is the peace? Where do I find heavenly melody?

The wee hours of the morning just before sunrise are the most favorite minutes of my day. The whole world is sleeping. Birds are chirping. No cars, No movement. Only leaves rustling. I can hear the wind, the trees and the sound of silence.
I am in the moment. Not in the past, not in the future. That is when I feel truly alive.

Not surprising that there is music in silence.

3 comments:

  1. music is a symphony of a misplaced notes of a swmooth running instrument...........they r the wavelengths on which u can ride into the beautiful sunset.............or rise into a chirpy morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. a blank page is a template for great text
    a clean canvas is a template for great sketches
    a silent environment is a template for great music
    just as a clear mind is the template for great ideas :)
    In Mumbai as in NYC it is the early mornings that provide that template to feel alive experience the city in a glorious new way !

    Your text was a good read, rekindling my fond memories of Mumbai and making me miss it even more !

    ReplyDelete