Sunday, May 15, 2011

U wouldn't know...


You yawn, open your eyes when the sun light falls on your face,
You stub your toe, wince and drag yourself from bed,
You stare at yourself in the mirror, rub sleep off your eyes,
You boil the eggs, heat milk, the tape is playing your favourite song.

You rush about, eyes dart from left to right, you sprint across the road,
A smile on your lips, the day has just begun.
The tray is filling up, three cups of coffee and the day gets harder,
Work is just an extension of you, I see that you see this.

A wave of a hand, a nod and a shrug,
You skip and sprint, works done for the day, you head towards the store.
A beer, a smoke, you need peace. 
I wanna ask you if you care for some company?

No is not an answer,refusal not an option.
Is it better you being a part of my life without being in it?
Would it matter if I existed, stayed close, kept you warm?
Would it be nice to hear you speak, know what goes on in your head?

Do you know, I know what you're thinking? U wouldn't know.
Do you realise, I'm thinking of you? U wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment